With the approach of Hurricane Irma, all of us at Hylant are thinking of those in her path, including our own colleagues. And to our clients, we want you to know that we are here to help.
Ahead of the storm, in addition to your other preparations, please consider doing the following:
- Keep your phone charged.
- Take pictures of your home, business (if you own or manage one), contents and all valuables. Having a record of these items will help you remember and prove ownership if you need to file a claim later.
- Record important information (e.g., insurance policy numbers and contact information) contained in papers that could be lost or damaged by the storm and keep it somewhere safe (e.g., email it to yourself) that you can easily access after the hurricane passes.
- If you own or manage a business, make sure your colleagues understand safety protocols, such as how communication will be managed during the storm, when and for how long the business is likely to remain closed, etc.
After the hurricane passes, if your home or business experiences damage and you need assistance filing a claim, please contact your Hylant service team member. If you prefer, you can contact your carrier directly to submit a claim. As reference, here are the phone numbers for many of the major carriers:
- ACE: 800-945-7461
- AIG: 888-760-9195
- Chubb: 800-252-4670
- Hartford: 800-243-5860
- Liberty Mutual: 844-825-2467
- PURE: 888-813-7873
- Travelers: 800-238-6225
If repairs are needed, we strongly encourage you to use a contractor that is reputable and well known in your area. Be cautious of any contractor who approaches your home or business without being contacted by you first and who doesn’t seem to be from the area.
Below are the names and phone numbers of some national contractors that have offices across the country. During times of widespread damage, they deploy additional resources to aid with the repairs:
- Belfor: 800-856-3333
- Servpro: 800-737-8776
- Paul Davis Restoration: 888-473-7669
If you have any questions or if we can do anything to assist you, please don’t hesitate to contact us.