The Moonlighting Liability Insurance Program protects individual peace officers who perform extra duty jobs. In addition to protecting the officer, coverage is extended to the non-governmental entity that has contracted the officer’s services. By offering protection to the extra duty employer you have a distinct marketing advantage over other programs, which may not extend coverage to the hiring entity.
Any peace officer who provides law enforcement services for non-governmental entities. Coverage is subject to approval from your primary governmental employer.
Download a Printable FOP Moonlighting Application
- $100,000 limit of liability including legal defense costs for claims alleging bodily injury, property damage or personal injury while working any authorized off duty job. Optional limits of $250,000 and $500,000 are available upon request.
- Coverage is written with an A rated insurer.
- No Deductible
- Annual Cost for $100,000 Liability Limit:
- $193.20 (for FOP members)
- $325.50 (for non-FOP members)
- Annual Cost for $250,000 Liability Limit:
- $387.45 (for FOP members)
- $652.05 (for non-FOP members
- Annual Cost for $500,000 Liability Limit:
- $581.70 (for FOP members)
- $976.50 (for non-FOP members