The Moonlighting Liability Insurance Program protects individual peace officers who perform extra duty jobs. In addition to protecting the officer, coverage is extended to the non-governmental entity that has contracted the officer’s services. By offering protection to the extra duty employer you have a distinct marketing advantage over other programs, which may not extend coverage to the hiring entity.
Any peace officer who provides law enforcement services for non-governmental entities. Coverage is subject to approval from your primary governmental employer.
The Moonlighting Liability Program is not a plan offered or covered by FOP Legal Defense Plan, Inc. The Moonlighting Program is offered and insured by an outside independent insurance company and is endorsed by The Grand Lodge FOP.
- $100,000 limit of liability including legal defense costs for claims alleging bodily injury, property damage or personal injury while working any authorized off duty job. Optional limits of $250,000 and $500,000 are available upon request.
- Coverage is written with an A rated insurer.
- No Deductible
- Annual Cost for $100,000 Liability Limit:
- $193.52 (for FOP members)
- $326.04 (for non-FOP members)
- Annual Cost for $250,000 Liability Limit:
- $388.10 (for FOP members)
- $653.14 (for non-FOP members)
- Annual Cost for $500,000 Liability Limit:
- $582.67 (for FOP members)
- $978.13 (for non-FOP members)