Tianjin, China Port Update as of 8/20/15:
- Reports indicate 80% of the port is operational but the remainder is still closed.
- Customs offices were completely destroyed and may be operating out of another facility.
- Forwarders’ facilities were also destroyed, making location data unavailable.
- Some freight is being rerouted to Shanghai, Dalian and Guangzhou.
- Due to continuing health concerns and severe damage, it will be some time before the port is fully operational.
For more information, please contact your Hylant representative.