Hylant knows that the most effective change is the one that comes from within. That’s why we partner with companies of all sizes to thoughtfully design and implement wellness programs. Our goal: to help employees gain personal control of their rising health care costs.
Hylant wellness programs create a win-win scenario for both the employer and employee. Employers benefit from a healthier, more productive workforce. Employees make strides towards extending their lifespan while lowering their out-of-pocket medical costs
What we did
- Designed a Health Risk Assessment that evaluated five criteria including: blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, BMI, and tobacco usage.
- Communicated the immediate returns of the program to the employee base. Effectively meeting the set criteria resulted in a $5 reduction, per category, in the employee’s health plan premium contribution.
- Offered on-site exercise programs including: yoga, tai chi, and low impact aerobics.
We also encouraged the hospital to allow employees to use the cardiac rehab exercise equipment before or after shift time.
- Implemented educational programs covering: blood pressure control, cholesterol lowering, diabetes management, and smoking cessation.
- While participation was voluntary, the communication was so effective that the hospital experienced a 99% participation rate in the first Health Risk Assessment.
- Enrollment in educational and exercise programs significantly increased once employees experienced a reduction in their contribution costs.
- Three years after initiating the program, the average employee health plan premium contribution decreased by more than $130 per employee, per month.
- Voluntary participation in the Health Risk Assessment process continues at 95%.
- In 2009, spouses were granted access to the wellness program for a nominal fee.
More than 50 spouses participated during the first year.
- In 2010, all spouses were granted access to the wellness program free of charge.
More than 100 spouses participated.